15 February, 2011

Experimental Typography pt.2

After designing the numbers in part 1 of the experimental typeface that I have been designing, I decided to continue with the alphabet. I started to design on the computer, then realised that the letters I had designed weren't as experimental as I'd hoped, and some of the letters themselves don't work as well as others, so I went back to the drawing board.

I redesigned onto the post-it note, and will design the newer version digitally.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gary. The typeface may not be as experimental as you wanted but it still looks really nice. It has a very warm in your belly kind of feel going on (don't ask me what that means... all I know is I like it lol).

    I see what you mean about some of the letters though. For example your "U" doesn't look like it belongs in the font while your "V" looks like how I would have though the "U" would have gone. I would personally just suggest doing the V as a traditional V but have the corners curl at the top to fit with the rest of your rounded font. Kind of like an ice cream illustration C>. Hope that made some sense and helps in anyway :)

    I am looking forward to the post it designs. They look very loose and fun. Good luck.